A Detailed Guide to the Planning, Development and Preparation of Well-Written RFPs
One of the most widely used forms of solicitation is the Request for Proposal (RFP). This form of solicitation is used for situations such as product or service replacement, improving organizational effectiveness or problem identification and resolution. The buyer has the need and the seller has the solution.
This two-day seminar will focus on the planning and development of RFPs, including the analysis and preparation of the RFP and project requirements.
Topics and the key benefits of this seminar include:
- Understanding and establishing the RFP solicitation process – Solicitation Type Decision Model.
- Understanding the RFP planning framework and considerations.
- Understanding Requests for Expressions of Interest (RFEI), Information (RFI) and Qualifications (RFQ).
- Preparing the RFP document including format and writing guidelines – RFP Preparation Guidelines.
- Identifying the initial elements of project scope – Project Scope Definition.
- Anticipating and planning for the detailed description of a project – Project Scope Management Planning Guidelines.
- Identifying risk management issues / requirements – A Risk Management Planning Guideline.
- Identifying project / contract performance measurement requirements – The Performance Measurement and Quality Assurance Plan.
- Establishing and conducting the proposal evaluation process – An Evaluator’s Guideline to Proposal Evaluations.
- Planning for and conducting a proponents’ (pre-bid) meeting.
- Understanding project (proposal) planning factors – Planning Guidelines.
- Proposal submission guidelines – Proposal Response and Format Guidelines and Writing Tips.
- Understanding and preparing for Proponent presentations – Planning Guidelines.
- Understanding the importance of establishing a negotiation strategy.
- Reviewing the key components in a typical Contract Statement of Work.
This seminar will provide you with the practical knowledge to plan and prepare Requests for Proposals, as well as proposal format and submission guidelines. Participants will be given a comprehensive manual including all presentation notes, guides and checklists to assist in your RFP planning and preparation, including proposal evaluations. The course case study will involve planning an RFP-based project which will involve a series of exercises and discussions. The actual RFP based on this case study will be provided for discussion and review at the end of the seminar.