Contract Management Planning including Project Scope Definition, Solicitation Planning and Process, Vendor Evaluation and Selection, Contract Award, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
This 2-day seminar will focus on the key contract management phases and activities from both the buyer’s and seller’s perspectives.
Topics and key benefits of this seminar include:
- Understanding and using procurement, contract and project management terms and definitions – A Detailed Glossary.
- Understanding the basic elements of Contract Law and specific Canadian Trade Agreements.
- Identifying and developing the project and contract requirements – the Needs Analysis and confirming the Business Case and / or Statement of Requirement.
- Identifying and understanding the procurement and contract management planning framework and processes.
- Establishing Project Scope Definition.
- Developing the Project Scope Management Plan.
- Developing the Contract Management Plan.
- Identifying project pricing (costing) strategies.
- Initiating information gathering and market identification processes (e.g. Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Expressions of Interest (RFEI).
- Establishing vendor eligibility and pre-qualification lists (e.g. Requests for Qualifications – RFQ).
- Identifying contract and project risk management issues and planning processes – The Risk Management Plan.
- Distinguishing the differences between Tenders, Quotes and Requests for Proposals – the Solicitation Phase.
- Establishing the vendor qualification (selection) criteria and evaluation process as part of the solicitation phase.
- Evaluating tenders, quotes and proposals – the Vendor Selection Process.
- Identifying the key fundamentals of pre-award discussions / negotiations.
- Identifying the key components and elements of a legally binding contract, including preparing the Contract Statement of Work – the Award Phase.
- Establishing contract and project reporting, quality control / performance measurement and evaluation procedures – Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Utilizing effective planning and control charts and tools (e.g. Gantt Charts) for monitoring key project activities, milestones and deliverables.
- Planning for and establishing a conflict management and problem resolution process.
This seminar will provide you with the practical knowledge and understanding of the procurement and contract management process, through interactive discussions and group exercises, focusing on realistic contracting examples and situations. You will be given a comprehensive manual containing all presentation slides with notes as well as the following guidelines and checklists to assist in your contract planning and management:
- Business Case Analysis Checklist
- Procurement and Contract Management Planning Guidelines
- Project Scope Planning
- Information Gathering and Pre-qualification Processes and Checklists (RFEI/RFI/RFQ)
- Risk Management Planning Guideline and Worksheet
- Tender, Quote and RFP Package Checklists
- Proposal Evaluation Guidelines and Checklist
- Contract Statement of Work Preparation Guidelines
- Contract Monitoring Planning Guidelines
- Contract Evaluation Guidelines and Checklist