One of the most widely used forms of solicitation is the Request for Proposal (RFP). This form of solicitation is used for situations such as product or service replacement, improving organizational effectiveness or problem identification and resolution. The buyer has the need and the seller has the solution.
This presentation will provide a synopsis of the planning and development of an RFP as well as Proposal Response suggestions including planning guidelines, proposal formats and how to respond to RFP evaluation criteria.
This presentation will include an overview of the following topic areas:
- Understanding the RFP planning framework.
- Understanding Requests for Information, Expressions of Interest and Qualifications.
- Developing and Preparing the RFP Requirements and Project Scope.
- Establishing Project Budget Options and Pricing Strategies.
- Understanding Risk Management Planning Requirements and Process.
- Understanding Performance Measurement and Quality Assurance.
- Establishing the Proposal Evaluation Criteria and Process.
- Finalizing the RFP Package.
- Establishing Proposal Submission Requirements including Proposal Response Planning Factors, Format and Content.
- Establishing Proposal Presentation Requirements.
- Understanding the importance of establishing a Negotiation Strategy.
- The Key Elements of a Contract Statement (or Schedule) of Work.
- Guidelines to Debriefing Proponents.
Presenter: Court Stevens
Presentation length: 3 hours (including question period)